Do you need help ?
Physios are able to help with a wide range of ailments and physical problems. There are four main areas that they work on: musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, respiratory. Musculoskeletal refers to the bones, joints and soft tissue in the body. Neuromuscular is the brain and the nervous system, cardiovascular is the heart and blood circulation, and respiratory refers to any part of the body which are used to help you to breathe, such as the windpipe and lungs. Some physio clinics in Tanjong Pagar are able to help in these areas:
• Mental health
• Intensive care
• Long-term conditions
• Orthopaedics and trauma
• Workplace health
• Elderly care
• Education and health care promotion
• Womens problems
Once the physiotherapist has seen the effects of repeated movements on your pain picture and tested the neurological status of your affected body part they will have a more detailed idea of which structures need more detailed examination to clarify the exact nature of the problem. It is time for the individual muscles, joints and ligaments to be stressed to assess their reaction and add to the understanding of what is going on. The physio may just feel and grip the area firmly first to get an idea of the state of the tissues. Are they very sensitive? Is there muscle spasm, thickened tissues, or pain?
During your physiotherapy session the therapist will often put you on your side and move your spine backwards and forwards as they feel the movement occurring between the individual spinal levels. After this you may be placed on your front as the physiotherapist palpates (prods and pokes) your spinal levels with varying degrees of force but often quite firmly to see if any particular level reacts by bringing on the pain you normally complain of. All the tests for pain in your neck, back, elbow, knee or ankles will help diagnose the issue.
What’s the right price to pay for a physiotherapists help in Tanjong Pagar?A comforting way to achieve self myofascial release is to use a foam roller. Being constructed from synthetic foam rubber this physio roller has become a popular self massage tool. In fact, these soft rollers are quickly becoming the number one way to get a thorough massage without leaving the comfort of home. Using the foam roller myofascial release technique easily relieves pain and tension by stretching the tendons and muscles in the body. Using this roller has more benefits than giving a deep tissue massage. When using a myofascial release tool the blood flow is increased to the tissues and trigger points are relieved as well. Self myofascial release foam rollers happen to be one of the easiest home remedies available for a stiff and sore body. Using the roller correctly may take some practice, but is well worth the time spent. By learning how to use this tool properly an individual can easily treat pain and stiffness within a few minutes of their time. The best way to use this massage tool is to find an open space that allows room for movement. A foam roller uses the weight of the body to create the type of pressure that will provide a deep tissue massage. This pressure aids in relieving the tightness of fascia while easing the tenseness of tightened muscles. The human body has soft connective tissue known as fascia, this tissue basically connects all of the muscles together. Located directly under the skin, fascia can easily become stiff and uncooperative through excessive movement, lack of movement, and injuries. A foam roller gently works this connective tissue and releases the tightness as the body places pressure upon this massage tool and rolls upon it. This phenomenal tool works when an individual asserts the correct amount of pressure upon it and rolls the body on it. It is beneficial and advised to often switch positions so that an entire muscle can be worked out. When using the roller on the legs and butt an individual needs to place the roller under the soft portion of the buttocks and roll gently back and forth. For working the quad muscles an individual needs to lay upon the roller and use their hands for balancing the body.The rolling motion for this set of muscles should start at the hip and end in the knee area. As with all exercise equipment it is wise to seek medical approval before using the foam roller. Upon approval, the first sessions of self myofascial release should be kept short to prevent injury. Plenty of water should be consumed beforehand for proper hydration and maximum results.
Physiotherapy ServicesChoosing a physiotherapist that will be able to successfully treat your ailment or injury doesn't have to be a difficult task. Here, we've listed what you need to consider when choosing a physiotherapist that will be able to provide successful treatment:
- Your treating doctor- Your first port of call is to see your doctor when you have an aggravated reoccurring problem or injury. You doctor should be able to provide you will specific names of physiotherapists in your area. Not only that but they should be able to provide you with details of physiotherapists who have specific experience treating your condition/injury.
- If your doctor is unable to provide you with details of someone suitable, then it's a good idea to ask friends and colleagues if they can recommend anyone. Your health insurance company many also provide the details of a few physicians for you to be able to inquire with.
- Does the physiotherapist have experience treating patients with a similar condition/injury? It is always beneficial that the person that treats you has past experience treating a similar condition.
- The practitioners qualifications- It is always good to be aware of a treating practitioners qualifications. If you are unsure about the physiotherapists skill level, there is no harm is asking about their training and what qualifications they have.
- Thirdly you want to make sure that the facility is up to scratch and has all of the necessary equipment needed to provide you with the best treatment possible. Often you may need certain equipment to effectively treat specific ailments and if they do not have this, treatment can often be not as successful. It is also a good idea to take a look and make sure the clinic is professional and clean. The last thing you want is to commit to visiting a clinic that has low hygiene standards and doesn't follow professional protocol.
- What they hope to achieve with you- At the initial consultation the physiotherapist will draw up a plan for what they hope you to achieve after certain amounts of physiotherapy. This needs to be something you completely understand and agree with. In order to get the best results, you and the physiotherapist need to work together.
- Strong rapport- There needs to be good rapport between yourself and the therapist in order for your treatment to be as hassle free and as pleasant as possible. If there is no rapport between you, it can be awkward and tense.